It’s easy to feel worried and discouraged these days about money and the economy. The news can be awful.
- The unemployment numbers – scary
- The future growth in the economy – unclear
- The markets – volatile
All this adds up to:
We humans really don’t like uncertainty. It feels uncomfortable and can be anxiety producing. There is lots of uncertainty these days. But you know what … there is always uncertainty.
Here’s a reframe to consider. What if it’s not supposed to be easy? I don’t mean it has to be miserable.
But we usually don’t grow through easy.
What if this uncertainty is really just a super tough money boot-camp?
Do you think you might grow stronger through this time? I think so. When you work out you actually cause trauma to your muscles to make them stronger. Of course you can work out too hard and get an injury – I’m certainly not recommending this. But what if this current financial environment could be an opportunity to grow stronger with your money?
- Learn to make spending decisions based on what you value?
- Build a bigger cash cushion when things turn around?
- Find ways to talk to your partner more effectively when it comes to money?
- Increase your generosity to help those who are struggling?
- Build muscle memory for financial resilience in the future?
Instead of focusing on the pain of your current financial situation, shift your attention to your growth. If you are lucky enough to be financially strong and stable in this time, then consider how you can grow your generosity.
Imagine a world where people are conscious with their spending, their money management, and using their money as a force for good. This is the world I imagine coming out of our current situation. This is why I am hopeful.
This is how you create Prosperity on Purpose.
Be happy and well,
Click to subscribe to the Prosperity Tips newsletter.
Like this post? Click below to share…