Most people in business (and in life) are ignoring one of the most effective ways to meet goals, get ahead, and do so with ease.
What am I referring to?
Your inner wisdom, your intuition.
Here’s what I see in the, what some call, “Woo” community. They make intuition some kind of magical, mystical thing that is only really used regularly by a special few.
Intuition is merely another sense, another way of knowing, that is accessible for you. Everyone has the ability to tap into this. Most people have been taught to rely more on their thinking mind for information – especially when it comes to business. This can be helpful, but if you’re solely using your intellect, your reasoning, you’ll miss a lot of the information that is available to you.
Not using your intuition in your work is like having an amazing assistant, that is eager to help, but you don’t trust them, and you won’t really let them do anything for you. When you do give them a job, you keep double checking if it’s right.
Make your inner knowing your not-so-silent business partner.
Here are some ways to lean more into using your inner knowing:
- Give it a name – so when you ask for help or acknowledge guidance you know who to thank. Mine is called Susie!
- Have team meetings on a regular basis with your inner knowing.
- Ask for assistance, and don’t micromanage – believe that ideas, insights, solutions etc. will show up.
- If you’re not clear on the answer, ask for another example or sign to confirm your understanding.
- Ways you can ask for guidance:
- Write to your intuition when you journal – ask what they want you to know
- Ask out loud
- Ask in your mind
- Be a great listener – get quiet and present so you can hear
- Trust! Act on what you hear
Please normalize relying on your intuition. If any of you are thinking that this isn’t a business tool you are very wrong. Trusting your gut has been a masculine strategy used in business for years. Please don’t doubt your abilities.
Every good wish,
+ Interested in improving your relationship with money? Feeling like you might have some beliefs or blocks in business and your personal finances you’d like to clear? Learn more here.